There's so much to do and so little time to do it in!
Don’t panic – all you need is our handy guide of what to do when to ensure your preparations run smoothly.
Image: Concept Photographic
12 months to go:
• Set the date and book the ceremony and reception venues. Register office weddings can also be booked well in advance.
• Book your caterers/band/disco as well as other key suppliers such as florist, photographers, transport and stationer.
• Compile your guest list and choose your best man, ushers, bridesmaids and page boys.
• Start thinking about what you’re going to wear and plan well ahead if your dress, shoes, bridesmaid dresses etc are being made. You can also choose and reserve suits now.
• Decide upon and book your honeymoon to avoid disappointment.
• Consider taking out an insurance policy against possible disasters such as your dress being damaged or the photos not turning out.
6 months to go:
• Send out “save the date” cards and accommodation details for those guests who are travelling to the wedding.
• Start thinking about your wedding breakfast and arrange for a tasting at the venue.
• Choose the cake, readings and music.
• Buy your wedding rings.
• Register for a gift list.
3 months to go:
• Finalise your honeymoon plans and arrange a hotel for your wedding night if needed.
• Shop for your going away outfit (if you need one), lingerie, jewellery etc.
• Confirm the menu.
• Send out invitations 12 to 8 weeks before the big day.
• Confirm the order of service with your officiant.
6 weeks to go:
• Buy presents for the attendants, best man, bridesmaids etc.
• Chase up outstanding RSVPs and work out the final seating plan.
• As gifts arrive, send out thank you letters.
• Check that all the wedding clothes are near completion.
• Visit your hairdresser for a trail and book your final appointment.
• Check all the transport is organised.
• Sort out stag and hen nights.
1 week to go:
• Confirm final guest numbers with venue and caterer.
• Collect orders of service, menu and place cards.
• Prepare wedding day schedule and distribute as required.
• Confirm shot list with photographer.
• Have final checks on your clothing and wear your shoes in at home.
• Final checks on honeymoon arrangements.