Text your pictures, video, news and views to us. Start your message with BE and send it to 80360.
There's so much to do and so little time to do it in!
Don’t panic – all you need is our handy guide of what to do when to ensure your preparations run smoothly.
Image: Concept Photographic
12 months to go:
• Set the date and book the ceremony and reception venues. Register office weddings can also be booked well in advance.
• Book your caterers/band/disco as well as other key suppliers such as florist, photographers, transport and stationer.
• Compile your guest list and choose your best man, ushers, bridesmaids and page boys.
• Start thinking about what you’re going to wear and plan well ahead if your dress, shoes, bridesmaid dresses etc are being made. You can also choose and reserve suits now.
• Decide upon and book your honeymoon to avoid disappointment.
• Consider taking out an insurance policy against possible disasters such as your dress being damaged or the photos not turning out.
6 months to go:
• Send out “save the date” cards and accommodation details for those guests who are travelling to the wedding.
• Start thinking about your wedding breakfast and arrange for a tasting at the venue.
• Choose the cake, readings and music.
• Buy your wedding rings.
• Register for a gift list.
3 months to go:
• Finalise your honeymoon plans and arrange a hotel for your wedding night if needed.
• Shop for your going away outfit (if you need one), lingerie, jewellery etc.
• Confirm the menu.
• Send out invitations 12 to 8 weeks before the big day.
• Confirm the order of service with your officiant.
6 weeks to go:
• Buy presents for the attendants, best man, bridesmaids etc.
• Chase up outstanding RSVPs and work out the final seating plan.
• As gifts arrive, send out thank you letters.
• Check that all the wedding clothes are near completion.
• Visit your hairdresser for a trail and book your final appointment.
• Check all the transport is organised.
• Sort out stag and hen nights.
1 week to go:
• Confirm final guest numbers with venue and caterer.
• Collect orders of service, menu and place cards.
• Prepare wedding day schedule and distribute as required.
• Confirm shot list with photographer.
• Have final checks on your clothing and wear your shoes in at home.
• Final checks on honeymoon arrangements.